Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Year...


Taking this entire thought a step farther... I was listening to a youtube video made by a young group who questioned, "how do you know you're in love?" The video brought up a good point... it's not that feeling, but the choice TO love someone even when they aren't at their best. yadda, yadda, yadda.

All that aside...

It made me think, where is the Happily Ever After?

I love romance because of the HEA. That's what I want in a story. But really, I want all of it...I can't just read the last few pages and feel satisfied. I want all of the YUCK that comes before it. The fights, the anger, the uncertainty...

To me, that's the happily ever after. The HEA actually starts at the meeting of two people. Let's face it. We all know that there will be hundreds of HEAs in a lifetime, even between the same two people! Because we will always be thrown a loop or curveball. Life is full of ups and downs.

That's what I want to read. Everything that makes life interesting. :D

All THAT being said...

Writing is such an exciting adventure. I've had a great year. My writing has flourirshed [Oooh, how prosey of me]. It's had good moments and bad ones. But, I'm looking forward to the new year.

What about you? You excited about things to come? Or still looking back with regret?

2 comments:

  1. Bethanne, I absolutely agree. It's not just the HEA it's the whole journey getting there that completes the feeling.

    You have had an exciting and great year. My year was filled with ups and downs, some scary moments and some great moments I wouldn't trade for the world.

    I'm looking forward to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad, Deb. :D

      ...i should reformat this post. not sure what happened there. LOL

      Delete